Tuesday

Sleeping habits

I'mmmmmmmmm baaaaaack! haha, I'm gogni to blog again before I forget..

I couldn't go to bed last night, it was craazy. Basically I only had 4 hours of sleep (school holiday just ended and my bodyalarm is so fucking messed), and I had such a hard time trying to put myself to sleep.. There I was.. lying on my bed.. and kicking all over the place! I swear I felt like a cow.. dont' ask me why, but dont' cows kick around a lot?.. or not..? donkeys..? err. Same thing!

Which reminds me.. Is it only me or do I have the weirdest sleeping habits ever? Ok. Tell me that it isn't only me which feels really paranoid after watching a thriller and would only feel comfortable when all of my limbs are nicely tucked under the covers.. When I first realised that I only felt safe when my whole body was firmly tucked under my blanket, I felt really stooopid. It's like I fear Ju-On would jump out from under my bed and grab me by my feet or something.. and bring me to tha world of.. movie making?? Which was exactly why I felt so stupid.. The more I thought about it, the more "why would Ju-On jump out and grab me? God Ann you're so dumb!" I would've felt.. ok so I honestly feel much safer in my room now haha then I did a few years baack.. no.. I'm not just saying this because "I'm so brave and you're not!".. well, I've assured myself that nothing's ever going to pop up beside my bed and haunt me because I've lived in this house for 9 years now and I've not seen anything silly like that! Which is a good thing of course! I definately don't intend to hahah..

Ok, this one I know not all of you would do.. I personally like to sleep with two pillows. One pillow that goes over my head, and another for me to rest my head on.. I've been told milllions of times that it isn't a very normal thing to do.. it isn't exactly a habit just anyone could get into, y'know? usually it'd be

"going to bed now?"
"well, yeah, it's getting pretty late.." (me)
"ok. I'm going to read a book first, so goodnight!"
"nights man" (me)
(big pause while I try to make myself comfortable)
"hey ann.. err.. why do you sleep like that??"
"like what?" (me)
"like that.. I've never seen anyone sleep with a pillow over the head. I've seen it in cartoon animations and stuff, but I think that's just strange.."
"I like it."(me)
"you're weird.."
"YOU'RE weird.."(me)

You know.. something like that anyway. It's not weird! It isn't weird once you hear my story! Well, if you must know.. when I was younger, I used to see a lot of cartoon animations sleeping like that, you know.. bugs bunny, daffy duck, and all that other children goods.. and I thought to myself.. that's weird. I can't imagine myself sleeping ike that.. but one day, I snuck into my parent's room to grab something, and I saw my mum sleeping with a pillow over her head too! I think she was down with a headache or something. Anyway, that night when I went to bed I tried putting the pillow over my head, just to you know.. experience the magical feeling which all cartoon characters I knew at that time felt.. it wasn't very comfortable, but I thought 'well hey, if my mum's doing it, all the cartoon characters are doing it, I can too!'. Then from that day onwards, I found myself unable to sleep without a pillow over my head.. it just grew into me.. til this day I still love to sleep with two pillows! It's very comfortable! I hate going to sleepovers and having to face all these "Why do you sleep like that?? why? huh? why??" questions.. hahah it's not strange really!

I also hate sleeping on the warm side of the pillow, so I constantly find myself switchin sides, shoving the pillow all over the place just to find that nice cold spot. And same goes under the blanket, my feet always has to find that just-nice spot.. the nice chilly but not too chilly, and not too warm spot. So really, I' always move around a lot on my bed..

Ok. Enough, I've lost my motivation to blog.. hahaha :D I'll blog sooooon! Toodles

0 comments: