Sunday

Ann's views on the people around here in Brunei

Like I've said on my last post.. I'll try to keep my blogging a little more daily.. Since I've got nothing else better to do. Hrm.. I'm getting really sick of the layout in this blog. It's time for a makeover! I'll try to work on that.. But I think I'd need Carrie's help! So Carrie, when you find some time off eating popcorn by the cinema counter, help me with the layout! I'm absolutely rubbish when it comes to this sorta shizzle..

Ok.. You know, I really don't think that you'd be that interested in what I did today. But if you are, hrm which I find very strange.. (because I honestly wouldn't care less about what you had for breakfast this morning, or what channels you watched on tv today) then here you go! I had a very restless sleep last night actually. I went to bed at 5ish and woke up at 10.. and realised I was still feeling a little sleepy, so went back to bed until 3. Oh my god holidays had just started, and I'm already turning into a cow. haha went to RBRC and met up with Harry, Jon.. blarh the usual people.. and all that. That was probably about it.

I had the funkiest dream the other night.. haha you see.. me and a couple of friends (Jon shim was the only one I remembered from that dream) went into a school at night, supposedly haunted I guess. For some reason the whole scene changed when we entered the doors, it became a more of a medical check up. We had to que up and all that crap you do in a hospital, and we even had to take a number. So the nurse numbered out '6 - 3 - 5 -5' with her fingers to me, that was my number by the way. Then I woke up. I don't know what happened next. It was a nightmare, because the place was haunted and I was shit scared. That's all I remembered :(.. 4D MAN! Typical chinese thinking! You dream of a number, you have to buy the number! Which is weird, how come I never hear white people buying numbers? Is it only us chinese? hahah have you actually ever heard of a white person buying 4D numbers?

By the way, the number didnt' come up. So I'm never trusting the silly dreams I have from now on!

I wanted to write about something today actually.. hrmm.. Oh yea man. The people who work around here, sometimes are so rude! No kidding! They aren't motivated one bit, and they don't work as if they want the job. I don't blame them.. the pay some people earn around here in some places are like slave wages man; like there's this woman who works in Amigos at RBRC , oh my god I really want to slap her everytime I see her. Think she so cool ah? She is so rude, how I wish she gets fired soon! I really don't understand what sets us apart from the tourists or the un-locals around here. It's like when I come up to a counter and ask for something, they give me the stink eye and treat me like I'm not being serious about the matter. It's like this..

"Hey, can I have a towel?"
"Bah bah.. nah. Sign here."
"Sign where..? Here?"
"YEA wah! Here! You return the towel before 6 ah?"

But it's a total different scenario when they're serving a white person. Just because they're not from around here, and they have a different skin colour, and they get intimidated when it comes to talking to a white person because their english isn't as good.. They decide to switch to 'nice mode'. Because inside their brains, their tiny.. tiny little brains.. it's been screwed in that if they don't treat a white person or an un-local nicely, they're bound to get complaints. What, you don't think you'd get that from a local? Oh my god, I'm looking forward to the day when I get to complain about the woman who works in Amigos!! Just you wait and see!

I dont' get it.. I really don't.. why do they act so unmotivated towards some people, and to a different group of people they decide to act as if it's all rainbows and butterflies! I find that it's one of the most common problem around here.. is that some people are so rude. If I slapped every person who appear to be rude in Brunei, I think I'd easily leave my hand mark on half of the population's faces around here. But yerrrhhh.. that's just me.. What do you guys think?! I guess we've all become so used to it, it doesn't tend to bother us as much. Still does bother me a little though..

Ok. So once again I'm sorry for ditching my blog for such a long time, I am though trying to make up for it! haha ok enough. I'll post photos up and stuff some other time.. Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ann! Why not try saying "Please can I have a towel?" and smile as you say it. It works wonders!

From another Ann

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.