Wednesday

Music Industry's gotten confused

Shayne Ward is in Wikipedia... What were they thinking. He of all people should not deserve a place in Wikipedia. He is the definition of being disgraceful to the whole music industry. He is like the hair I find in my food, the cherry I find on my perfectly good Sundae Icecream, the strange taste of cold pizza in my mouth. He ruins my appetite and is indeed a pest.

There are two types of entertainers you find in the entertainment business; the people who sell their looks, and the people who truly succeed by merely entertaining, and do good in what they do. Perhaps I'm being a little bias.. I suppose looks do matter in the entertainment business, but I think that they shouldn't single-handedly rely on that feature. It is a job, and they'll have to work for it. Their looks will wither away one day, and they'll be nothing but pixelated paparazzi shots ocassionaly streamed across your TV screen with headlines of "SEX ICON TURNS INTO ALCOHOLIC WITH BEER BELLY THE SIZE OF BEACH BALL"

Which is why I personally do not respect entertainers who make money simply by their looks; excluding models. Of course. Hence, I do not respect Shayne Ward. His music is the worse yet. His lyrics don't even make sense. And he has a tendency of showing us his non-existent packs whenever he has the chance to

If That's OK With You
I love the way that you look without your make up
I had a girl before we met but we broke up
Theres something 'bout you
that makes me want to step up
Which is like sort of saying "You're my rebound girl, let's hook up"
If he's trying to impress the females, I must say he is failing miserably.

His music video consists of all these sexy girls flooding some party, and they're all preening Shayne as he walks down a corridor. The lyrics and the video don't match. Where's the girl he was going to keep the neighbors awake with? It was all a very messy situation I don't want to ever involve myself in again. Watching him was a roller coaster ride of goosebumps, once it's up, then it's down. Majority of the time, it was up.

I wanna keep your toothbrush at my appartment
Make a second set of keys
and ask you to move in
I'm not crazy
Yeow. That's creepy. So, he's there dancing in a room with a bunch of people, in his buttoned down wear, giving us some of chests. It's... Painful, to see him trying to dance. Don't get me started on his other video, the previous one where he's dead and singing to his lover who cannot see him. I remember watching six sense and being so tricked into the whole twist of the story, but concepts get old quick.

In the beginning, Shayne sits on a table and serenades the hot lover, but she looks dazed and confused. Within seconds, naturally, you'll realize that he's dead. But willing to watch on, because you think that your theory cannot be it, and you're just waiting to be proven wrong, you get disappointed vastly when they state the obvious. When the girl walks to the grave and flashbacks shoots through, attempting the old 'HERE'S THE TWIST!' trick. Shayne also attempts some of those 'Bold and Beautiful' stunts, where the scene is really dramatic and expressions; exaggerated. Y'know how they usually look into the camera, and go "I..... LOVE you" *dramatic music*. Shayne does a lot of that in this music video. He's once again sent me high on a roller coaster ride of goosebumps.


Performers like Michael Jackson would pour his heart out, so hard that we'd actually cry watching him perform. He was perhaps the last music legend in our time. Now we're getting all sorts of singers who don't, (I feel) respect music. Rather like, using it as an advantage to be on top. Most dont' even earn their status.

0 comments: