Sunday

Summer Holidays

I [heart] not waking up to the sound of my alarm nagging me to wake up at 5 in the morning.

I [heart] not having to worry about finishing off my courseworks or preparing for my exams.

I [heart] finally being able to do things that I've put off over the last couple of months.

I [heart] the holidays.

It is absolutely the best feeling anyone could ever encounter. It's like being pushed off a cliff and realizing that God had gifted you with wings which suddenly sprout out from your sides and help carry you up, and you're flying in the sky pass clouds and planes beside the sinking sun with a flock of birds. It feels free!

I recently came back from a short holiday to Penang. Me and my family mostly stayed at home to hide away from the bustling streets. It was just as traumatizing having to drive down to my Grandfather's home and being caught up in heavy traffic and having to dodge cars which don't drive in neither lanes, but right down the middle. It's hard to overtake cars like that, but we've learnt long before, when being in any place but Brunei, we have the power and every right to actually Honk. Who knew we'd pound our heavy fists of fury onto the middle of our stirring wheels one day? These things actually have a use.

0 comments: